I used to talk about my characters and share art here, but I probably won't use this blog anymore! Just sticking around to support friends now. I can be found elsewhere!!
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
that's gonna sting for a while..
i like to imagine my animal crossing character is a bit of a loner, since i don't talk to other villages much in the the game (except marshal, who is my animal crossing boyfriend ahahha). she may be the mayor, but she's rarely seen in her office, always shirking her responsibilities. you'll catch her river fishing or hunting bugs in the evenings, if she isn't at home.
i also like to think she has tremendously bad luck - hence the bandages. she's always getting scrapes and bruises somehow (probably from falling down a lot), and she seems to be a bee magnet. one eye is almost always swollen shut due to stings.
...i've been playing this game a lot lately, if you couldn't guess. that's a little unusual for me, but i've been in desperate need of some sort of distraction these past couple weeks, and animal crossing is great for that. there are some aspects of the game i really enjoy (like fishing, bug catching, decorating my house and planting flowers), but i don't care much about the other villagers or being 'mayor'. one of my favourite parts of the game (and the thing that initially drew me to it to begin with) is the music. i wont lie, i prefer wild world's music to new leaf, but both games have great hourly tracks. 2 am is one of my favourites. so is 10 pm! i frequently listen to the music even if i'm not actually playing the game. depending on my mood, i find it can sometimes cheer me up or calm me down. not many things can these days. besides that, i've never heard music that made me feel so... nostalgic before. animal crossing: wild world was the first game in the series i ever played, and i didnt get it til december 2010! the first time i heard the music in that game, it felt like i recognised it somehow. i used to listen to new leaf's music before it was even released last year! 10 pm reminds me of this time of year. it was warm outside and i remember having my windows open a lot and being so happy because i could smell the lake. that was before my dad was sick, before my living situation became so unbearable, before a lot of bad stuff.. uagh, i wont get into that here though.
that picture up there was actually vent art, believe it or not, haha. i'm going through some difficult stuff right now and it stings, but i'll survive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Holy smokes, it's been eons since I last commented on your post D:
ReplyDeleteThe beginning of 2014 is apparently quite difficult for everyone. I don't talk to people often these days, but when I do, I keep hearing everybody is dealing with something serious right now. I'm so sorry to know you're going through some rough stuff too :< But as long as you keep moving on, it's good!
Your Animal Crossing character is so cute. That daisy makes such an adorable little detail. Okay, maybe not so little, yet still looks very charming! I'm glad you explained what's up with her eye - shameful to say but I thought it was a button when I saw it for the first time (in your post from June), ugh xD Her face looks so achy, oww. It makes a good excuse to draw so many tiny things like sticking plasters, creases and bruises, though! I can't get over how talented you are at coming up with small stuff like that. With my shaky hands, I often have to give up on details. You don't seem to have this problem, even if you always sketch on tablet (which is probably harder than traditional sketching). Impressive!
Ahh, I love the colour palette you used there too. These hues aren't overly vibrant but they still remind me of Spring. I want Spring already ;__; This year's Winter is by far the warmest one in my life, we don't have any snow and it's not unusual to see people taking off their jackets because it's simply too hot.
Hopefully you will draw her some more in the future 'cos I really like her! And maybe reveal her name as well :D I admire the way you draw Animal Crossing characters. Your style makes them look better than the original one, no kidding! I haven't given AC a try yet but I'm looking forward to it. Yet I got the chance to play Minecraft a while back and liked it a lot. So many games; so little time :<
Oops, I almost forgot to mention! I'm very picky about music, so I find it amazing that lots of songs you post easily get stuck in my head later on. I catch myself humming/whistling them now and then. Thank you for sharing these :D 2AM is indeed pretty good and I still listen to Saria's theme song sometimes!
I'm genuinely sorry if this comment sounds like a piece of junk! I guess I forgot how to speak + it's half past 4 a.m., but I accidentally fell asleep during the daytime, so there's no way I can sleep right now. It was a blast to comment there, thoguh :3 Please tell me how are things!
yes, it seems 2014 isn't starting so well for a lot of folks :c i agree moving forward is the best way to handle it!
Deleteeeee, thank you! her name is just jolee (cos i'm too lazy to think up a new name), and i actually drew her based on how she looked when i was playing, haha. https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1601105_792702224088736_517189998_n.jpg i think besides bug hunting and fishing, being able to change your character's appearance is my favourite thing about animal crossing xD
the swollen eyes do look like buttons, so don't feel bad about mistaking them for one! i would have too! and your artwork is wonderfully detailed! i'm impatient and always forgetting little, but important details. you never seem to do that!
we had maybe one full week of winter, and now it's warming up again. i'm ready for spring too! if everything is going to look ugly and dead outside, but be warm, what is the point of winter. either give me flowers or give me some snow! i
i doodle jolee a lot when i'm playing the game, so mayhaps i'll share some more pictures of her in the future. i'm glad you like her! :D and i hope you'll get the chance to play animal crossing sometime. i have trouble keeping up with games like this so i'll play for a couple weeks at a time and then forget about it for months xD ooh, i'm happy to know you enjoyed minecraft!
the animal crossing music is so special to me! means a lot to hear you like one of the songs, especially if you're picky about music! i find 2 am so soothing! haha, i love the donkey kong 2 soundtrack, and now that you've reminded me of it i want to play that game.
your comment doesn't sound like garbage at all! i appreciate it lots and lots, so thank you :D i hope you managed to get some sleep! things could be better for me right now, but i'm not complaining haha. they could be a whole lot worse too. i hope you're doing okay too!